If you haven’t noticed yet, I’m going to say it again – thehrbpstory is now 4 years old and I am very happy. I feel like a proud mother crooning over her baby. The other day, I spent hours poring over my old posts (You should check them out too!) The outcome was an idea for what I call “an interesting activity”.
Let’s list the top 5 “HR trends” of the season and check back every quarter to see if there’s anything we should add/remove from the list. The pessimist in me says not much will change. However, the optimist is willing to wage a bet. Therefore, we are going to track changes up to 5 years down the line. Yes, this blog will be around then (in case you were wondering).
Here’s a stab at the list for Spring-Summer 2017:
- Analytics – all kinds ranging from people analytics, predictive analytics to what not.
- Diversity – it’s definitely beating up some attention.
- Technology – the clear lack of it is rather attention grabbing.
- Millennials – this one will change won’t it? Or is this the optimist in me cheating?
- Continuous performance management – Is this still a trend?
Is there a ‘hot trend’ that I’ve missed or do we need to knock some off? Let me know in the comments below.
I want to know.